Prisoners and executions yearly by sex in the United States from 1850, aggregated to punishment per 100,000 of population (punishment prevalence), with sex ratio of punishment and punishment distribution (% absent from execution and % absent from being in prison). Aggregate punishment prevalence by sex only from 1880 because of poorly developed U.S. prisoner statistics.
- punishment yearly: total resident population, persons executed, persons banished (transported), and persons in prison yearly by sex in the United States from 1850, with calculation of punishment per 100,000 of population (punishment prevalence), with sex ratio of punishment and punishment distribution (from 1880). Recognizing the historical importance of disposal of men in military service, each year is labeled with a description of the military circumstances.
- by military situation: persons punished by sex (executed and in prison), summed across years by military situation, with sex ratios
- comparison to England & Wales: comparison of punishment prevalence and punishment sex ratio for U.S. and England & Wales, yearly from 1850 (1880 for sex ratio)
- int. compare 1977: prisoner prevalence in U.S. compared to 45 other jurisdictions worldwide about 1977
- int. compare 2010: prisoner prevalence in U.S. compared to 209 other jurisdictions worldwide in 2010
- prisoners yearly estimates: prisoners in the U.S., 1880-2010, estimates yearly by sex, combining decennial census data on prisoners with other prisoner population data
- misc stats: calculation of expected years of absence for executed persons used in aggregating absence in punishment
- executions yearly by sex in America from 1608
- prisoners in the U.S. from 1850, with prevalence and sex ratio
- prisoners by state and sex, U.S. 1880-2010
- punishment prevalence yearly by sex in England and Wales from 1715
- punishment prevalence yearly by sex in Scotland from 1800
- punishment prevalence yearly by sex in Australia from 1858