Domestic-violence-related justice system activity in California. Domestic violence calls to police, arrests for domestic violence, family law petitions, petitions for restraining orders, yearly from about 1990, with county-level data.
- annual summary: domestic violence (DV) calls to police, DV arrests, family law petitions, DV arrests / call, in California, yearly 1987-2011, where available.
- total restraining orders: model estimates of restraining order active and issued per year about 2004 in California
- arrests annual: DV arrests, all arrests of adults for misdemeanor assault and battery and all felony violent offenses, with calculated DV shares in misdemeanor assault arrests and all arrests for violence, in California, yearly 1987-2011, where available.
- dv calls for assistance, annual: domestic-violence-related calls for assistance to police in California, annually from 1987, including statistics on weapons involved in the call
- court cases, annual: family-law petitions, other than marital cases, filed in California family courts (Superior Courts), annually since 1988, with data on other petition types
- civil filings by county: civil filings by county and type in California, fiscal year 2004
- calls by county: domestic violence calls for assistance annually by county in California, 1998-2010
- arrests by county: arrests for domestic violence in California annually by county, 1988 to 1998
- Santa Clara County: DV calls for assistance, cases referred to DA for prosecution, emergency protective orders, restraining orders issued from civil courts, arrests for spousal abuse, misdemeanor prosecutions, felony prosecutions, “domestic-violence-related” deaths, annually from 1990, where available
- Sacramento: temporary restraining orders in the Sacramento Superior Court, 2002-3, by sex of petitioner and target and other petition characteristics
- population by county: California resident population by county, years 2000-2010
- calls by county-edits: domestic violence calls for assistance by county, annually 1998-2010, with corrections and interpolations
- t1 CPO county: criminal protection orders (restraining orders issued in criminal proceeding) outstanding by county on 9/24/2003, with data on convictions in associated case
- t2 CPO county: criminal protection orders (CPOs) outstanding by county on 10/18/2004, with data on change in number since t1 (9/24/2003)
- t3 CPO served: CPOs outstanding by county on 3/5/2004, categorized as served and unserved, with unserved share
- t8 CPO arms: CPOs outstanding by county on 5/11/2004, with subtotal allowing target right to bear arms
- t4 EPO count: Emergency Protective Orders (EPO) entered into the Domestic Violence Restraining Order System (DVROS) by county from Oct. 1, 2003 to Sept. 30, 2004
- t5 OAH count: Family Court Order After Hearing restraining order (final order), total in effect on 9/24/2003
- t6 OAH served: Family Court Order After Hearing (OAH) restraining order outstanding by county on 3/5/2004, categorized as served and unserved, with unserved share
- t7 OAH arms: Family Court Order After Hearing (OAH) outstanding by county on 5/11/2004, with subtotal allowing target right to bear arms